Sunday 8 March 2015

My MAC Palette tour!

Hey Beauts,

Coming in as my all time favourite products is a three way for me - Lip Stick, Mascara and Eye shadow, concealer a close 4th (or 2nd, whichever way you look at it). Just these products is all I really need on an everyday basis. But one of my favourite things is seeing what palettes people have. There is something so satisfying about lusting over eye shadows. So here is my MAC palette tour! 


Shroom - All That Glitters - WoodWinked - Amber Lights - Antiqued
Honey Lust - Mulch 
Cork - Texture - Embark

Whilst my palette isn't complete yet, I am still in love with it and I think it will be some time before it is actually complete but for now, I find myself reaching for some shades on an almost everyday basis. We all know how great MAC eye shadows are (pigmented, long lasting and an incredible colour selection), but I find that these shadows are only great if you use a primer - NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk being sufficient enough. Without that, they are a bit lifeless with dull colours being barely visible.

My favourite shade in this palette has to be without a doubt Amber Lights, It is absolutely stunning in my eyes, and the orange in it really brings out my blues eyes and just makes them pop. To go along with Amber Lights, I really like adding WoodWinked into the outer corner to deepen to the look a little, but on it's own it has a lovely golden sheen that really is stunning to wear just on its own. How can I mention my favourites in this palette without mentioning All That Glitters?! I'm sure everyone has heard of this shade and it is lovely for a light eye look, requiring no effort what so ever. Honey Lust, Another beautiful shade is basically All That Glitters with slightly more orange in it, again to make blue eyes pop. I think from these favourites you can tell that I am not much of a matte fan and love my shimmers, however the bottom layer are all mattes just for the eye sockets and for a little bit of variety in the palette.

Whilst I do love this palette, I think my INGLOT palette is still my favourite - What do you think? Are there any shades here that you have never seen before? And what shades do you think should fill the remaining spaces? Do you own a MAC palette? I would love to see yours so leave links down below to your MAC palette tours! If you would like to but aren't already, remember to follow on GFC and Blog Lovin' so you don't miss out on any future posts! 

Be happyBe beautiful and Be YOU!
Ellie, xx

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shadows. Love the burnt orange one (:


    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really beautiful palette!
    http://www.lipstickisalife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great palette--browns are my favs(:
    xx from Italy
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope | youtube

    ReplyDelete
  4. These shades are gorgeous, they really remind me of the urban decay naked 3 colours!

    Joksie // WEAREMONOCHROME

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some gorgeous colours!
    www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried any MAC eyeshadows yet but I LOVE their lipsticks & face products so I'll definitely have to give them a try! :)

    tillsssss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so nice, the shades are beautiful :)

    www.lifestylefunxion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love collecting MAC palettes, great photos!

    The Latest. Beauty & Colour

    ReplyDelete
  9. one day i will buy woodwinked everytime i see a blog post including it i want to get it so badly, its so gorgeous and a fave from lots of bloggers :) x x

    http://millieerosee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh I'm so jealous! I need this palette. I'm so scared of MAC stores and I find their singles shadows so expensive but I want it!

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com / creative + lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know about this palette, but it looks really good. I am a MAC lover for sure!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting post! Love your style of writing and your pictures!
    Wish you good luck with your blog! And will be happy to see you in my!

    Best wishes,
    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Arghh, so want this palette. It's on the wishlist and will have to one day.
    love to see pics of it on! Great blog post.

    Kavita
    www.truehaven.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey babe, how are you?
    Lovely blog, great post though, following you..
    I've only just started blogging.
    Visit me whenever you have time;

    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    Anyway have a good day!
    Kisses xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such gorgeous choices! Honey Lust is one of my ultimate favourites ♥

    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't own any eyeshadows from MAC (shocking, I know), but I like the colours you've chosen! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to start a MAC palette! I love all the colours you have chosen, especially Amber Lights, Antiqued and Honey Lust they are so pretty! :) x

    http://alisharebecca.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those colours are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete